Tuesday, October 17, 2006

And off we go...

I know I haven't posted in almost a month; I probably won't be able to post for another month or so, but here goes:
We're off tomorrow on the adventure of a lifetime. We are still amazed that we even get to do this! It is terribly hard leaving family, though. Even though for the past four years we have lived pretty far from our parents and only been able to see them occasionally, it seems worse going as far as we are. We both have such great parents, with whom we are also good friends (now that we are grown-ups :) so that makes it even harder. Not only are we telling relatives good-bye, but we are also telling our best friends good-bye, and they're the same people!
We have said so many good-byes over the last few months that I have become emotionally weary of them. First in our last hometown in NC, then some friends down here in GA, then my parents, then all the new friends we made in VA, and now more people and my husband's parents here. Aaaaaargh! It feels as though someone is v-e-r-y s-l-o-w-l-y ripping a band-aid off my skin instead of just tearing it off in one fell swoop. Most little kids think the slow method hurts less, but I know better. Of course, I'm used to good-byes; in fact, I grew up with them. And the fact is, they never get any easier. Every good-bye makes me long for heaven; I yearn for that day when we'll never have to say good-bye to one another again but instead will be together forever worshipping the Lord!
When we all get to heaven, what a day of rejoicing that will be!
When we all see Jesus, we'll sing and shout the victory!
Sounds pretty good to me, how about you?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What's up?

I miss you girl! Last week, I thought I saw you a bunch of times. The people didn't even look like you!
Anyway, I had just asked Stan last week where the term "one fell swoop" came from. Do you know?
One more thing, can you email us the picture of you and our baby. I'd love to have it in our collection.