Monday, May 19, 2008

Edible flip-flops....



Here is the promised picture of Mary with her birthday cake. She would rather be wearing flip-flops than any other kind of footwear, so I made her a pair of flip-flops on the beach. The "sand" is graham cracker crumbs, and the straps are made from sour-fruit candy. The polka dots are giant sprinkles. Caroline painstakingly applied all the polka-dots. The cake went over really well, and tasted yummy, too--french vanilla flavor. Her birthday is now over for another year...

4 comments:

Renata said...

Cute! Happy belated birthday Mary!

chandra said...

I totally LOVE the cake!! I am with Mary all the way, I love my flip flops too!!

Anonymous said...

Mary, you are my kind of girl! Not only do I love to wear flip flops and other sandals, I have flip flop earrings, and my son gave me a flip flop necklace, and he made me a flip flop key ring, and my picture on ebay is a group of flip flops on the sand.

Happy Birthday!
Love,
Denise

Alice C. said...

Mary says: Thanks, everybody! The cake was good.