Wednesday, April 14, 2010

It Isn't Cancer!


The doctor called me this afternoon and told me that the cells from the biopsy are NOT cancerous!  Praise the Lord!  I'm so grateful for the sense of peace that I had for the past week!  I realize now that I was holding on to some stress about it since when the doctor said it was benign I let out a huge sigh of relief.  He said they will keep an eye on it, see what it does, and do another ultrasound in a year.  Meanwhile, I'll be having a sleep study in a few weeks and then discussing with both my primary care doctor and the ENT the idea of increasing my thyroid medication in order to surpress this nodule.  We'll see.

4 comments:

ciao babe said...

By the way, I like the picture on your banner. Where is that?

Ciao Babe said...

Glad to hear that!

Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord! What a relief for you and your family.

Don't stress about the sleep apnea thing. I sleep with a machine and you get use to it. It's amazing what a difference it makes.

God bless!
Denise

Alice C. said...

Thanks, Denise!

And, Renata: It's a panoramic view looking back toward the city of Old San Juan from the walls of El Morro, the enormous Spanish fort that guards the harbor. I was online looking for panoramic pictures from Puerto Rico and that one was available. I love it.